Explorers POST #2155
The Euharlee Police Department has established a youth program for teens who may be interested in the career of law enforcement. This program educates the youth in the law enforcement field and gives them knowledge of the procedures and job duties law enforcement officers perform. The Law Enforcement Explorer Post accepts individuals between the ages of 14 and 20. He or she must attend school and maintain a "C" average. They also must have parental approval, be of good health and have good moral habits with not arrest or conviction records for serious offenses. Once in the post, the individual must abide by the Explorer Post Rules and Regulations.
The mission of the Euharlee Police Explorer Program is to develop responsible, educated and capable youth in our community. The program strives to offer the explorer the opportunity to build the characteristics and qualities needed to become an effective law enforcement officer. Through involvement in our program, explorers will obtain an awareness of the complexities of police services. Utilizing the acquired knowledge our explorer post members, we will productively serve the community and instill the basic tenets of civic responsibility, which will reflect positively on the Euharlee Police Department and the Exploring Program.
- To provide the understanding between the youth of the community and the Euharlee Police Department.
- To promote law enforcement as a potential career choice for qualified young men and women.
- To provide the opportunity for citizenship, service, fitness, outdoor, social and career experiences necessary for young men and women to succeed as productive members of society.
- To provide training that will encourage a sense of pride in our community and country and teach individual responsibility.
- To provide social activities and a safe environment to have fun and develop long lasing friendships.
- Basic Criminal Procedure
- Domestic Violence
- Vehicle Stops
- Crime Prevention
- Traffic Direction
- Building Searches
- Accident Investigation
- And much MORE!